Each year, ACEC Indiana recognizes the leaders of the engineering community by presenting an Annual Recognition Awards program. These awards presented at this event can include the following:
- Consulting Engineer of the Year Award – Honors an ACEC Indiana member who is not a current officer, but has made a significant contribution to the field of consulting engineering in Indiana. Click here to view all winners
- President’s Award - Established in 1991 to pay special recognition to an individual for his/her engineering accomplishments over the years. Click here to view all winners
- Public Service Award - Honors an individual affiliated with a university, state or local government who is not an ACEC Indiana member, but has made an outstanding contribution to the practice of engineering. Click here to view all winners
- Sagamore of ACEC Indiana Award - Established in 1998 to honor a person who has helped elevate the engineering profession, created goodwill towards ACEC Indiana or the profession, or advanced the cause of engineers or engineering issues and who is not a practicing engineer or not in public service. Click here to view all winners
- Virgil “Gus” Grissom Award - Established in 2005 to honor a person who is not an ACEC member but has supported and assisted in the Professional Engineering Industry in moving into a new frontier. Click here to view all winners
- Young Engineer of the Year- Established in 2016 to acknowledge an engaged ACEC Indiana member 35 and younger for their outstanding talents, skills and abilities the next generation of engineering leaders.
2016 Winner- Alex Kline, P.E., Infrastructure Engineering
2018 Winner- Mary Kerstein, P.E., CHA
2019 Winner- Katlyn Shergalis, P.E., Lochmueller Group
2020 Winner- Bradley King, P.E., Butler, Fairman & Serfert, Inc.
2020 Awards Winners:
Consulting Engineer of the Year: Marty Wessler, PE
Marty is CEO of Wessler Engineering with more than twenty-five years of professional experience on wastewater collection system and treatment projects. Marty is a Past President of ACEC Indiana, serving as President in 2006-2007.
Marty played a key role in ACEC Indiana’s advancement of water infrastructure funding by serving on the Governor’s Water Infrastructure Task Force in 2018 to address drinking water and waste water, and remaining in service in 2019 to work on storm water needs. Marty also stepped up this past legislative session when we needed some local input on plastic pipe mandates and the negative impacts on such legislation. Marty serves as an expert in areas of wastewater treatment plants, CSOs and SSO improvements, sanitary sewer extensions and lift stations, inflow and infiltration analysis, and sewer system assessments.
Young Engineer of the Year Award: Bradley King, PE
Brad is a 2018 graduate of ACEC Engineering Leadership Program. Brad’s diligence and leadership by example have made him an effective contributor to ACEC Indiana and BF&S. For the past 4 years, Brad has served on ACEC’s Funding Sources Committee and most recently held the position of secretary.
At BF&S, Brad has served in key roles on large projects. He filled the role of Deputy Project Manager on I-69, Section 5; where he was responsible managing design changes during construction, schedule compliance and coordination with local and environmental stakeholders.
Outside of his professional career, Brad undertakes wide-ranging endeavors. He is a member of the Indianapolis Zoo Council and he also volunteers with Catholic Charities and Habitat for Humanity.
Click here to view all Past Presidents of ACEC Indiana