Rescheduled Project Management Forum to occur virtually via Zoom. Access instructions will be mailed to you a week before the event date.
Through ACEC's PM Forum, professionals who aspire to firm leadership will meet once a year and have an interactive online community to share best practices for consulting engineering firms. This year's event will feature a panel of clients to discuss scope creep, addressing project challenges and changes with the client, and business generators. See below for a working outline of topics.
Moderator: Ehren Bingaman, Principal at TransPro Consulting
Drew Furry, Senior Project Manager at Purdue University
Jenny Leshney, Former City Engineer and Public Works Director at the City of Lafayette
Mike Miller, Technical Services & Construction at Citizens Energy Group
· Evaluate your ability to meet scope and budget requirements
· Develop your ability to effectively control scope changes
· Establish change order procedure upfront and keep good documentation
· How to say no to the client/ amend scope and budget
· Consider the factors contributing to your project exceeding its fee budget
· Not always an easy discussion, but a frank and honest discussion build strong relationships
Addressing Project Challenges/ Changes with the Client
· Be upfront with the client about any potential bad news, make sure the client hears from you first
· Address challenges/ conflicts in person or conference call—e-mail only after a verbal discussion
· Take responsibility and present alternatives
· Take action and assess the outcome with the client
Business Generators—Upselling and Repeat Business
· How well do you know your client?
o Factors both PMs and BD staff should understand:
o Matters to address at the kickoff meeting
· Project Close Out and follow up
Cost: $50/ ACEC Indiana member
Eligible for 2 PDHs